Some of our upcoming volunteer events include:
• Throwing A Birthday Party for Disabled Students: Volunteers work together to help a group of 20 mentally handicapped students celebrate a memorable birthday by assisting with party games, karaoke, gift-giving and other fun activities. Click here for more information.
• Earth Day Beach Cleanup: Volunteers spend the day picking up plastic trash and other waste at Nanhui Beach in suburban Shanghai. Click here for more information.
• Red Chair Program "Wheel Goes, Will Goes": Participating groups of volunteers will accompany a group of wheelchair-bound participants to Gongqing Forest Park in Shanghai, where they will participate in a tour as well as interact and play games. Click here for more information.
• Dream Day at the Zoo: The event has been organized by the Shanghai Charity Foundation to help give disadvantaged children, such as orphans, migrant children and disabled children, an enjoyable day of activities and entertainment. Volunteers will be helping the children tour and play games. Volunteers are also invited to bring their families to the event. Click here for more information.
• Handicrafts with Disabled Students: A group of 20 volunteers is needed to help 20 mentally disabled students, aged 18 to 45, make arts and crafts to help the students develop interpersonal skills in an engaging, enjoyable way. Click here for more information.
• Picking Strawberries with Migrant Children: A group of 15 corporate volunteers is needed to go with 20 migrant children to Qingpu, where the children will learn about fruits and vegetables, enjoy the countryside and pick strawberries. Click here for more information.
• Spring Outing with Migrant Children: Volunteers will assist 20 migrant children on a tour through the Shanghai Botanical Gardens. Click here for more information.
• Home Care Day for the Elderly: This project aims to put a group of volunteers in an elderly person’s home for an afternoon to explain home safety measures, as well as interview them as to their specific needs and offer some assistance. Click here for more information.
• Dream Night at the Zoo: This is an overnight event to bring disadvantaged children a fun, educational and memorable experience to see nocturnal animals, participate in games and activities and learn about various kinds of animals in the Shanghai Zoo. Volunteers are needed to help supervise the children throughout the experience. Click here for more information.
• Environmental Art Painting: The program aims to help the handicapped achieve personal growth and develop various skills through painting. Click here to check the details of this program.
• Colorful Playground: A group of 10 corporate volunteers is needed help children make nature themed crafts to give to their parents and friends. The goal of this activity is not only to exercise the children’s tactile skills, but also to help them more profoundly experience the beauty of nature and the relationship between people and nature. Click here to check the details of this program.
• Culture Sharing with the Laolaike Clubhouse: The purpose of the program is to provide a cultural experience for a group of thirty elderly people who live in relative seclusion, through presentations done by three worldly volunteers about their past travels and experiences around the world. Click here to check the details of this program.
• Make a Green Map for Chongming Xisha Wetland Park: This program aims to encourage people to reduce their carbon footprint, recycle to save energy, and plant trees to replenish the environment through the plotting of the park’s natural and sustainable resources. Click here for details.
• 1001 Wishes for Underprivileged Children: This program will gather a list of simple wishes for items like toys, books or excursions for underprivileged and disadvantaged children living in Shanghai and Beijing. Companies are needed to participate in making these dreams a reality. Click here to check the details of this program.
If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Kwong, AmCham Shanghai CSR Associate, at Jennifer.Kwong@amchamshanghai.org