Spotlight Session: Hiring and Retaining Today’s Chinese White-Collar Workers
What is a Spotlight Session? Spotlight Session is a promotional platform for companies to introduce products and services to interested AmCham Shanghai members. The sessions are conveniently held at AmCham Shanghai's offices and attendance is FREE.
Cheap labor used to be one of the major incentives for foreign companies with a business presence in China. As times have changed, the roles of Chinese local employees are becoming more important, and the cost of retaining talents has also risen drastically. Understanding their values and motivation factors – getting inside their heads, so to speak – is one of the key factors to steer your organization towards success in this dynamic market.
During the session, speakers will share their insights and experiences from their cultural and social background, as well as the impact of dramatic economic growth on Chinese people in general. Attendees will also take an in-depth look into the differences between today’s white-collars and previous generations. At the end of the session, attendees will gain a solid idea as to who today's Chinese white-collars are and how to keep them motivated by incorporating new methods of reward systems.
Topics to be covered include:
- Cultural background and the rise of Chinese white-collars
- Generation gaps with previous generations
- Aspirations of Chinese white-collars as expressed in their daily lives
- Motivation factors in work places
- How to drive these motivation factors
Who Should Attend:
- Sales directors/managers and Marketing directors/managers
- HR directors/managers
- Business owners and Senior management
About the Speakers:
Anthony Kwon Lee was born in Korea and was raised in the U.S. Lee has worked in four different countries among which he spent 18 years in China. His career has mostly evolved around Internet, advertising and marketing. With his multinational background and many years of studying consumer behavior as well as entrepreneurial experience, Lee offers unique and objective insights about Chinese cultural trends and how these affect today’s young white-collars. He is currently a founder and CEO of Tree House Communications, which provides China-specific digital marketing strategies for multinational companies.
Shoichiro Suzuki is the Founder and CEO of Benefit One China – a company which provides employee incentive programs, addressing various needs of companies in China. Originally launched in Japan in 1996, Benefit One has expanded its services globally (including the U.S., Singapore and Taiwan). Suzuki is one of Benefit One’s founding members and has more than 14-years of experience in HR consulting with focus on employee benefit programs. His client portfolio includes Canon China, P&G, Johnson & Johnson and many other MNCs. Suzuki has a B.A. degree in economics from Waseda University.
14:30 Registration & Networking
14:45 Session Begins
15:30 Q&A Session
16:00 Session Ends
To register for this event, please RSVP online. For more information, please contact Kelly Deng at (86 21) 6279-7119 ext. 4580 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walk-in and Cancellation Policy:
- This event requires confirmation of attendance in advance. If you attend this event without prior registration, you will be charged an RMB 50 "walk in" fee as member and RMB 100 as non-member.
- Cancellation: If you need to cancel your registration, please notify Kelly Deng no less than 24 hours in advance.
- To ensure that you have a seat, please come to the event on time. Open seats will be released to other guests 15 minutes after the event starts.
Interested in introducing your products or services to AmCham Shanghai members through Spotlight Session? Please contact Cherry Zhang at (86 21) 6279 7119 ext. 5671 or email email@example.com for detailed information.